Savings bank accounts are mainly targeted at customers for the purpose of disciplining money management and enhancing their saving habits. A Savings deposit offers liquidity for the money and also earns interest in the process. Savings bank account provides the scope for saving of money at attractive terms even with small amounts with a convenience of withdrawing at your own discretion. This account can be opened by an individual, jointly with another individual, by a guardian on behalf of the minor, any organization owned or controlled by the Government and Societies.
The salient features of the Individual saving Bank Account are as under:-
- A Savings Account can be opened by Individuals / Minors /Institutions/ Associations/ Regd. Co-op. Societies /Trusts / HUFs.
- Minimum balance required to be maintained in Saving Account is Rs. 1000/-
- Application form (Download from Above)
- Recent Colour Photograph(3 Nos.)
- Proof of Address / Residence: Latest Telephone Bill or Electricity Bill or Ration Card
- Proof of Identity: PAN Card, Voter Id Card, Passport, Driving License
- PAN Card or Form 60/61 if applied for PAN
Terms And Conditions:-
- Minimum balance requirements.
- Customer need to provide regular KYC documents as per the prevailing KYC norms.
- The rates are subject to change from time to time
- To qualify for a Individual Saving Bank Account, you must be aged 18 or over and Nationality should be Indian